i haven't posted a recipe in a while and i figured it was about time. and since it's the holidays and all, i decided to find the goodness in my heart to share my most prized recipe with you. this is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe in the whole universe, hands down, as agreed by dozens of cookie-tasters and a general consensus of the united states. just kidding on the general consensus of the united states part, definitely not kidding on the dozens of cookie-tasters part. these babies are highly requested and are quickly devoured.
there was a time in college when i sought out to find the best chocolate chip cookie recipe. i tried the one on the back of the flour bag and the one that uses vanilla pudding mix (you don't taste the pudding mix in the cookies but the dough is pretty yum) and i tried the one on the chocolate chip packages. you see, i am big into soft and chewy and buttery. i am not into crispy and thin or overcooked. some people like warm cookies, i am all about room temperature. these cookies are extra decadent with the ghirardelli milk chocolate chips, but truth be told, i kind of dig semisweet for my cookies. every person has an ideal chocolate chip cookie and this may not be the recipe for you. but if it isn't, i'd like to meet you because i truly think you are one of a kind.
anyway, i found this recipe a couple years back and fell in love. the dough is deadly. seriously, don't even get started on it, you just might consume the whole bowl. we made chocolate chip cookie sandwiches with this recipe once and used premium vanilla ice cream from costco and oy vey. i seriously think i gained ten pounds that semester. tender memories.
soft, chewy, dense, flavorful, buttery, yummy, perfect chocolate chip cookies that will change your life
1 3/4 cup cold butter, chopped
2 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
6 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 bags of chocolate chips of your choice
1. chop butter into small pieces/cubes. cream butter and sugars together.
2. add eggs and vanilla. mix well!
3. in a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. slowly add dry mixture to electric mixer by the half cup, allowing flour to incorporate.
4. add chocolate chips into dough.
5. allow dough to refrigerate for at least one hour. don't skip this step! it is important! note: dough will be thick and dense. try not to eat all of it in chunks.
6. after dough is chilled, scoop/roll dough into balls and arrange on cookie sheet 1-2 inches apart.
7. bake at 325 degrees for 8-10 minutes, depending on your oven. i like to pull mine out pretty quickly...they might seem underdone, but they harden up and are soooo goooood.
original recipe found here.