september. the beginning of most wonderful time of the year. pumpkin spice! football! fall fashion! can i get an amen??
david and i went to target the other night, sans baby, and i was like a kid in a candy store. no time limit, no baby climbing out of the cart...i just wanted to go down every.single.aisle. twice. the highlight of our target trip was the goods i took home, my favorite of which being the september issue of instyle.
here's the thing about fashion magazines though: a lot of the stuff is just unwearable for real life. sorry, i said it. maybe i'm just poor (help me, i'm pooooor...bridesmaids reference) but i'm a housewife and mom with a crawling baby. you won't find me in six inch zebra louboutins or camel skin prada anytime soon.
i scoured the magazine for the top wearable trends for the upcoming season and i am excited to share them with you! keep them in mind while shopping for cooler weather.
wearable fall trends
1. camo. i love the versatility of the piece; worn over a simple dress, layered over a chambray shirt, it's effortlessly cool.
2. animal print. kind of a fall staple, but animal print is timeless to me. add a fun pop of print with a leopard scarf or an animal printed shoe (if you're daring.)
3. coated denim. slightly shiny material adds sophistication to any outfit. and hopefully they make your thighs look smaller...? optical illusions anyone?
4. plaid. another effortlessly cool staple to have in your closet. tuck it into a lace pencil skirt for a fun mix of casual and class.
5. leather sleeves. one of fall's biggest trends! wear it with your hair up to show off the embellished collar.
6. chunky sweaters. number one reason why i can't wait for the weather to cool down!!! i love big sweaters. they go with everything (jeans, leggings, skirts, boots, booties, flats, etc) and feel comfortable yet put together. all.the.time.
7. colored leather jackets. i am excited about this! leather jackets (or pleather, in my case) are such a great staple and can be easily thrown over anything and look great. add a fun punch of color with this gorgeous cobalt.
8. ankle boots. i love this pair with the wedge because i struggle in any other heel. especially chasing after a baby. not a pretty sight.
9. fringe. fringe adds unique detail and a casual, western edge to an otherwise boring staple. i am loving it not only on t-shirts, but on bags, booties and oversized cardigans alike.