my freshmen year of college, my roommate and i went through this phase where we made cakemix funfetti cookies like every day...which may or may not explain the reality of the freshmen 15. cake mix cookies are beyond easy and delicious, and paired with the world's best buttercream frosting, they can be transformed into the perfect valentines cookie.
1 package of strawberry cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees. combine the cake mix, vegetable oil and eggs in the bowl of an electric mixer. mix until well incorporated.
2. refrigerate dough for 15-20 minutes.
3. when dough is chilled and oven is ready, scoops spoonfuls of dough and roll into balls. NOTE: dough is reallllyyyyy sticky, so i highly suggest rolling dough in sprinkles if you're trying to get a perfect circle. slightly flatten balls so your cookies don't end up too round/puffy.
4. space cookie dough balls about two inches apart on a cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
5. let cookies cool and make the world's best butter cream recipe, found here.
6. plop frosting into a large ziplock bag and snip the bottom corner with scissors to create a bootleg piping bag. pipe a dollop of frosting on the underside of a cookie and top with another.