this is one of my favorite whole30 recipes. it takes a little bit more time and effort, but it's perfect for a sunday dinner or a friday night or some day that feels like you want a little something special. it's pure guiltless comfort food and i think i will eat it for the rest of my life.
almond-crusted "chicken parmesan"
3 raw, thawed, chicken tenderlions (per person)
1 cup of slivered almonds
1 cup coconut flour
2 cloves garlic
salt and pepper
1. preheat your oven to 375 degrees. rub some ghee on a cookie sheet.
2. in your food processor, grind your almonds, coconut flour, garlic and salt and pepper until fine. coat your chicken tenders in mixture and line on cookie sheet.
3. bake for about 20-25 minutes, turning at least one time. cook until slightly brown on top.
4. remove from oven and serve with compliant mashed potatoes and roasted green beans. pour some compliant marinara over the top and enjoy!
compliant mashed potatoes
1. roughly chop red or gold potatoes until pieces are approximately the same size. boil on the stove with a glove of garlic until potatoes are fork tender, approximately 20 minutes.
2. drain potatoes, return to pan and mash with potato masher. add a tablespoon or so of ghee, a generous amount of salt and pepper, and about a quarter cup of compliant chicken broth or enough until potatoes are the right consistency.